If you or your children are in immediate danger, call 911.
if you can safely talk to a staff member, call our Crisis Line at 704-283-7233
Become A Volunteer
We are so pleased that you are exploring Turning Point (TP) as a place to focus your precious time and we warmly welcome you. We are always in need of volunteers, so even if you can only give a little time, it is truly appreciated. TP is a group of committed professionals, volunteers, and survivors who strive to provide victims of domestic violence with the skills, encouragement, and confidence to break free from the cycle of domestic violence. Volunteers are without a doubt one of TP’s most vital resources, making it possible for us to assist the multitude of women and children who turn to us for help. All volunteers participate in comprehensive trainings that include the fundamentals of domestic violence, agency policies and procedures and the necessity for strict confidentiality. In addition, volunteers will take part in thorough trainings relative to the specific job (see below) they are interested in.
Ways You Can Help
- Administration: Perform administrative duties as assigned by Turning Point staff.
- Child Care: Offer constructive and age appropriate activities for the children.
- Facility Maintenance: Perform routine cleaning, lawn care, and repairs to shelter as needed.
- Receptionist: Responsible for answering the telephones and greeting all visitors, donors, staff, and clients.
- Companion: Provides accompaniment and/or advocacy for a crisis response to our hospitals and hotline for sexual assault/child sexual abuse victims.
- Food Services: Provide a nutritious meal for the clients.
- Event Planning: Helps plan events and fundraisers.
- Thrift Store/Donations: Offer customer service, manage inventory, and help with the display of clothing and accessories; help sort and receive donations and supervise clients in the donation building for shopping.
- Community Outreach: Educate the community about domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse, distributing Turning Point literature to local businesses, organizations and community events.
Turning Point, Inc.
Volunteer Program Coordinator
P.O. Box 952
Monroe, NC 28111