Empower Me is a program provided to children in grades K-5, usually in the school environment. The curriculum is designed to teach children about personal body safety in an empowering and positive way.
Topics covered include:
- Checking with the adult in charge before going anywhere, changing plans, accepting gifts, taking pictures, etc.
- Identifying five trusted adults who make up their safety net
- Understanding and listening to their “uh-oh” feeling
- Saying “no” to anyone asking them to break a safety rule, including adults
- There are no secrets (secrets vs. surprises)
- Telling if someone is being hurt (tattling vs. telling)
- Teaches students they have the right to keep their private parts private.
- Understanding that no touch should ever be a secret
This curriculum can be taught in-person or virtually. To schedule this presentation at your school or organization, fill out the contact form below.